Autor Tema: Lata Pergamon  (Leído 4317 veces)

Desconectado doc61154

• si puedo ayudar,mejor
    • Ver Perfil
Lata Pergamon
« en: Noviembre 03, 2013, 09:22:15 pm »
Me regalaron una latita de Pergamon,venía sin etiqueta pero me gustó no lo conocía,voy a ver si lo consigo
mal del sauce crónico

Desconectado doc61154

• si puedo ayudar,mejor
    • Ver Perfil
Re:Lata Pergamon
« Respuesta #1 en: Noviembre 03, 2013, 09:26:48 pm »
Espero no haberme fumado una Hoja de Clarin nicotinizada
mal del sauce crónico

Desconectado doc61154

• si puedo ayudar,mejor
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #2 en: Noviembre 03, 2013, 09:30:28 pm »
Dice en la etiqueta que tiene vino griego y especies orientales,nunca tomé vino griego asi que no se que gusto será,pero me pareció un gustito azafranado
mal del sauce crónico

Desconectado VITOMARTIN.COM

• Isla "La Encontrada"
  • Administrator
  • PUERTO PARANÁ, Escobar
    • Ver Perfil
    • VITOMARTIN.COM
« Respuesta #3 en: Febrero 26, 2015, 04:07:09 am »
Excelente el tabaco Pergamon, doc... es el tabaco de cabecera de mi primo pipafumador, prácticamete es lo único que fuma. Yo lo probé y me pareció espectacular, uno de los tabacos más ricos que probé, el sabor es único.
Enviado desde mi clon IBM PC COMPATIBLE
vitomartin.com

LAMANCAY.COM
Jardines Verticales Artificiales

Desconectado Pablín

• "Solo se vive una vez"
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #4 en: Agosto 27, 2016, 11:14:39 am »
Muchas gracias, Doc y Vito por la data, conocía la marca, creo que son alemanes, y he visto algunos pouchs de ellos, mas no lo he fumado. En lata jamás, a ver que averiguo, si puedes doc dinos cual de todos lo Pergamon te. regalaron.
"Viajar es llevar consigo la causa que nos empuja a marcharnos, de manera que irse no es alejarse sino prolongarse." Sócrates.

Desconectado Pablín

• "Solo se vive una vez"
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #5 en: Agosto 27, 2016, 11:19:56 am »
Estuve viendo un poco este tabaco, se me hace agua la boca de solo leerlo, tiene black cavendish, esa fermentación se hace con algún licor, de hecho así fue por casualidad ya que no es una variedad de tabaco sino un error en un viaje en barco al guardarse unos tabacos en una barrica que contenía un fondo de licor y al sacarlo al final de la travesía surgió esta mezcla, el capitán del barco se llamaba Cavendish. La historia la recuerdo mas o menos así, cualquier precisión y/o corrección será mas que bien venida.

Para los que quieran profundizar este tabaco, aquí un review:

This is printed in the Tin, in German Language (translated to English): Pipe tobacco which the gods love. This tobacco, a composition from the classic tobacco cultivable areas of the ancient world, spoils the palate of the pipe smoker on the most exquisite one. Noblest Virginia degrees, with hand-graded Oriental tobacco and twice fermented Black Cavendish, rounded with Greek Wine and precious Middle Eastern spices. The result is this mild, tasteful mixture.

Brand   Planta
Blended By   Planta
Blend Type   Unknown
Contents   Black Cavendish, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Flavoring   Alcohol / Liquor, Other / Misc
Cut   Ribbon
Packaging   50g. Pouch, 100g Tin
Country   DE
Production   Currently available
Product Image
Strength
Mild
Flavoring
Medium
Taste
Medium
Room Note
Pleasant to Tolerable
9 reviews Reviews
4 star:  0
3 star:  3
2 star:  2
1 star:  4
Sort By
HELPFULNESS NEWEST OLDEST
STRENGTH FLAVORING TASTE ROOM NOTE
Please LOGIN to review this blend.
Reviewed By   Date   Rating   Strength   Flavoring   Taste   Room Note
Danotti (5)   2010-11-18   
????
Mild   Mild to Medium   Mild to Medium   Pleasant to Tolerable
Bought this one according to advice in a nice metal 100 gr tin.Smells nice when opened but not too strong as aromatics.Couse of package looks like a flake at first (pressed) d,d have no problem filling the pipe also burnsd very well not too fast or slow ,also easy to have a steady smoke 8especially for novice) ,one thing very good about this tobacco that I did never had a tounge bite after 4 tins.Leaves a light grey small sand look like trash at the end. About taste nothing very special but you feel tobacco taste for sure to the end of bowl the taste somewhat turns to a bit sea salt taste (at least I feel like that) not disturbing but a bit strange. Nice middle day smoke stuff for me with good nicotine satisfaction.

2 people found this review helpful.

WillBrown (101)   2015-01-21   
????
Mild to Medium   Medium to Strong   Medium   Pleasant to Tolerable
Now presenting, at long last, the butt-end of the tobaccos I purchased in Europe in late 2013 (the others being, in order, Saint Bruno, Mac Baren 7 Seas Royal, Condor Green, Amsterdamer and now the blend apparently made at the request of the Gods). Pray, continue.

Pergamon is yet another one of those many somewhat perplexing European aromatic blends that seem to be bursting from the shelves of every tobacco shop on the continent. They're everywhere you go. This blend is difficult to describe in regards to taste—spicy is one word that comes immediately to mind. Not spicy in a perique sort of way, but in a spice kind of way. But, which spice? Perhaps some clove, or maybe cinnamon. There was a slight whiff of wine, but Greek wine? Who knows.

This stuff really burned hot and fast, a bowl lasted less than twenty minutes (I used a trusty Kaywoodie with a mid-sized bowl). The tobacco was on the verge of nipping me towards the end, and thankfully, the experience ended before any damage was done.

Pergamon is not the worst tobacco I've experienced thus far, and, quite frankly, a person could do worse, a lot worse, but I'll leave the rest of this blend to feed my garden—the garden where I'm growing a golden apple to appease the Gods who I'm sure will look down on me for giving such a sad, sad review.

Happy piping!

Purchased From: A pipe store in Paris, France, in 2013

1 person found this review helpful.

JuanCarlos (13)   2014-04-27   
????
Medium   Medium   Medium   Tolerable
The worst Planta tobacco ive tried so far. The orientals are there, the wine is there but soon youll discover, as a colleague pointed before, that you are smoking some sort of marine monstruosity. It left your palate full of salt, this is so strange. Anyway dont you bother on get this one

albfneto (183)   2013-04-17   
????
Strong   Medium to Strong   Very Full   Tolerable
This is a well stored tobacco,in a beautiful blue printed can, well enveloped internally in a golden metallized pouch.

In Brazil, this is the most well known between the Planta (Deustschland) blends.

I noted the Virginiaa and the richness of the Orientals, bu I not note easily the Black Cavendish.

Because it is cased with Wine (noted both in the tobacco and in the smoke), it rassembles other tobacco from Planta: Cellini Forte, but Cellini Forte is better.

In fact, some other Planta blends are better: Exotic, Majestic Sans-Souci, Cellini Classico etc...

Good for me, but it burns so hot and fast and it have too Nicotine for an aromatic.

Xeneize (275)   2009-10-08   
????
Mild   Strong   Medium   Pleasant
A very nice aromatic with almost no tongue bite and good burning qualities. The wine flavoring is strong, but it still ocasionally let Virginias shine thru. Not so for Orientals, lost behind the other leaves and the casing.

If you like Cellini Forte, this is similar without the tongue bite. Not of my liking, but still recommended for its quality.

Skoma (21)   2016-03-25   
????
Medium   Medium   Medium to Full   Very Pleasant
Like it or not Pergamon is sometething unique! Only needs one match to ignite and burns cool and even right to the end when it turns to fine white grey ash. The first few puffs are exactly what i expected, a typical sweet and artificial taste like so many aromatics out there. A taste of marzipan and chocolate maybe? After half of the bowl the orientals kick in and then it´s getteing weird! Burning spices come to my mind like oregano or marjoram. Not bad but also very uncommon and something one must like! On the other hand the room note seems to be very pleasant as lots of bystanders noticed. Also ther´s no tongue bite whatsover... Surely not the everyday smoke but one should give it a try as it is something really different.

Pipe Used: various

Nobody has rated this review yet.

Telling it how it is. (73)   2015-10-14   
????
Mild   Medium   Medium   Pleasant
This certainly is one of the most hated Planta blends. You either like it or you are positively repulsed by it, with no middle ground as it seems.

Presentation, tin note and tobaccos used all are excellent. Also this blend is easy to pack and easy to be kept lit.

The taste is of some very undefined kitchen spice with alcohol plus an extremely nasty by taste that is hard to describe. I'd say the salt/seaweed comparisons of earlier reviewers are not far from the truth.

Aftertaste is nasty. Room note is nice.

I do not at all recommend this blend. Stay clear of it as there are no benefits to this blend except maybe for the empty tin, which you can just order at Planta i am sure.

Pipe Used: It went trough rotation.

Age When Smoked: They don't print production dates on it.

keisel (12)   2012-11-30   
????
Medium to Strong   Very Strong   Full   Strong
For those who like vomiting, this is the one for you! I don't understand how this blend was made for production, it is the WORST ever tobacco of my life! And the taste is...salt...and cosmetic sea weeds... Were is the oriental tobacco that company promised? What do they think we are? I waited 2 days for my pipes to get off this awful smell. I thought there was a crazy old lady coming from a cosmetic shop in my pipe... What a disaster!

kavehmz (1)   2009-01-04   
????
Mild   Mild   Mild   Pleasant to Tolerable
I did never testes a tobacco that tasted so bad, It tasted like salt!. I dont know really how did they came with such a taste.

It was so unbearable that I was to empty my bowl.

I will leave it to get some air and I will come back to see the salty, irritating taste will disappear.

"Viajar es llevar consigo la causa que nos empuja a marcharnos, de manera que irse no es alejarse sino prolongarse." Sócrates.

Desconectado Alfredo

• "La ignorancia es atrevida"
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #6 en: Agosto 28, 2016, 04:09:40 pm »
Qué lo tiró Don pablín. Todo eso está en la lata Pergamon?    :o ;D
El que mira la tierra y no sabe mirar, solamente ve la tierra ..

Desconectado Pablín

• "Solo se vive una vez"
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #7 en: Septiembre 04, 2016, 07:25:30 am »
Así es, Don Alfredo, como para que al amparo de una salamandra y acompañado de unos buenos mates, rico café o una copa de vino o trago a su elección disfrute de una pipa y el tabaco que se ofrezca para esa labor, mientras la mente viaja entre las volutas de humo que danzan en el aire...

Desconectado Pablín

• "Solo se vive una vez"
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #8 en: Septiembre 18, 2016, 09:03:09 am »
Ayer, y en oportunidad de salir a navegar a vela en un Del Plata 31´un amigo llevó el Pergamon (azul). El tabaco es rico y si bien la experiencia resultó buena, está demasiado presente el alcohol del Black Cavendish y como muchos aromáticos el topping termina cascando la boca. Sin embargo, para minimizar sus consecuencias, hay que fumarlo despacito.