Autor Tema: Peteson De Luxe Mixture  (Leído 5184 veces)

Desconectado Pablín

• "Solo se vive una vez"
    • Ver Perfil
Peteson De Luxe Mixture
« en: Septiembre 04, 2016, 07:30:52 am »
Para hoy se ha ofrecido un tabaco rico, suave, dulce y bien aromático, alicorado de buen aroma en el ambiente y sedoso al paladar de la marca Peterson, no se si se vende en el país, si bien han ingresado ahora mucha variedad que con tiempo espero poder compartir con todos vosotros. La pipa es una Peterson 314 Standard Bent que fuma muy bien. Si el tabaco estuviera en el país costaría $330 que es lo que cuestan otras de la misma empresa

« Última modificación: Septiembre 04, 2016, 07:33:22 am por Pablín »
"Viajar es llevar consigo la causa que nos empuja a marcharnos, de manera que irse no es alejarse sino prolongarse." Sócrates.

Desconectado Pablín

• "Solo se vive una vez"
    • Ver Perfil
Re:Peteson De Luxe Mixture - Peterson 314 Standard
« Respuesta #1 en: Septiembre 04, 2016, 07:32:33 am »
Y para el que quiera leer algo sobre el particular, aquí su reseña:
This Black Cavendish Aromatic is a selection of matured Virginia tobaccos from Brazil and Africa blended with a loose cut mellow Black Cavendish. A tasteful flavour consisting of Vanilla, Walnut and Honey has been added.

Brand   Peterson
Blended By   Scandinavian Tobacco Group
Blend Type   Aromatic
Contents   Black Cavendish, Virginia
Flavoring   Alcohol / Liquor, Amaretto, Honey, Irish Mist, Vanilla, Walnut, Whisky
Cut   Ribbon
Packaging   50g Tin
Country   IE
Production   Currently available
Product Image
Strength
Mild
Flavoring
Mild to Medium
Taste
Mild to Medium
Room Note
Pleasant
Favorite Of 4 Users

53 reviews Reviews
4 star:  15
3 star:  20
2 star:  10
1 star:  8
Sort By
HELPFULNESS NEWEST OLDEST
STRENGTH FLAVORING TASTE ROOM NOTE
Please LOGIN to review this blend.
Reviewed By   Date   Rating   Strength   Flavoring   Taste   Room Note
Hunter (51)   2011-10-30   
????
Mild   Mild   Mild   Very Pleasant
A long-time aromatic smoker, this one is not overpowering in any sense. You can taste the VA and Cavendish and a hint of the walnut actually makes itself gently felt throughout the bowl. The honey is definitely there, but the vanilla is very light indeed. A very mild smoke, it lights well and burns to a clean ash.

Wife rates it as very pleasant and smells like someone has been baking something - but not a sweet, overpowering room note.

Not my favorite Peterson, but a very pleasant smoke. I will keep this on in my rotation.

11 people found this review helpful.

machinebcon (50)   2012-04-06   
????
Mild   Mild   Mild   Pleasant
Generally I like light aromatic tobaccos (which would be called 'classic Danish'). De Luxe is one of those 'classic Danish' Peterson aromatics, which has a brilliant chocolate-roasted hazelnut-wafer tin aroma, with loads of Black Cavendish - no "broken flakes" as the blurb says, but a well-conditioned ribbon mix. The smoke is comparably unspectacular, a bit more flavoured than Larsen's No. 32, similar to Sweet Killarney, but less cased than Sunset Breeze or Connoisseurs Choice. Very low nicotine level, at least for me as ex-cigarette smoker. No tongue-bite, but some condensation. This seems to be an optimal morning-coffee smoke, as it is very decent, quite sweet, and leaves a pleasant room note. It burns down perfectly, keeps the walnut-honey taste throughout the whole bowl. Not much punch here, this is a soft, round, creamy, warm and sweet-fragrant smoking experience which I recommend to smokers who don't want to pay much attention to the smoking process, but enjoy a bowl with a cup of coffee and a newspaper. The underlying tobaccos are first class, this is a balanced, unobtrusive composition. I give it 4 out of 5 points!

6 people found this review helpful.

StevieB (902)   2014-02-28   
????
Medium   Medium   Very Full   Pleasant
Peterson De Luxe mixture ...De Luxe is a very fitting name for it as it tastes sublime ! It is not at all overly omnipotent in the aromatic department but for my pallet just right . The honey is the most pre-eminent additive but you still get a nice "hint" of the others in it . It has a very auspicious sweetness to it which does not overpower the wonderful Cavendish and Virginia flavours . I don't get any tongue bite from it and if inhaled I find the nicotine to be at a good balance . The closest match I can think of is Sam Gawith Black Forest .I will be sure to keep some of this close to hand !

Pipe Used: Mr Brog

Age When Smoked: New

Purchased From: Smoke King

Similar Blends: Sam Gawith Black Forest.

4 people found this review helpful.

Cumarinophil (104)   2015-03-17   
????
Mild to Medium   Mild to Medium   Medium   Pleasant
Peterson De Luxe Mixture belongs to a rare type of aromatic, that will allow you to enjoy tobacco taste and a fair amount of strength in coexistence with the added aromas. It is creamy, nutty and slightly sweet, but not annoyingly so. The mixture may develop some edge with the char light, which is going to smooth out after a couple of calm draws.

I liked it infinitely better after I aired it out a little and but it away for a couple of weeks. Pairs nicely with a hot cup of coffee in the afternoon.

Pipe Used: Various with and without filter

Age When Smoked: fresh to 2 yrs

Similar Blends: Peterson Connoisseur’s Choice.

2 people found this review helpful.

Eulenburg (193)   2005-03-23   
????
Extremely Mild   Strong   Extremely Mild (Flat)   Unnoticeable
A cliché schlurpy aromatic, like there are 9000 in the market, oozing with fake, chemical vanilla. What, for heaven's sake, is the point??

If you like a decisively aromatic blend with a luxurious high taste, try BLUE NOTE.

2 people found this review helpful.

Roger Xavierq (33)   2015-08-06   
????
Mild   Very Mild   Mild to Medium   Very Pleasant
This is one of the best aromatics I've ever tried. I bought myself a tin from the Peterson shop in Dublin. I finished it pretty fast, smoking a bowl of it every night. Smells wonderful in the tin and stays faithful to its aroma throughout the bowl. Very well balanced and in a perfect moisture level, it can be smoked immediately after opening. Burns evenly and cool, this blend will most certainly be appreciated by aromatic lovers as well as by people who are not so into Cavendish blends.

For me, this blend brings fond memories from the years I lived in Ireland.

Pipe Used: Ropp Pipo

Age When Smoked: fresh from the tin

Purchased From: Peterson shop in Dublin

1 person found this review helpful.

Supo (3)   2015-06-27   
????
Mild   Mild to Medium   Mild to Medium   Very Pleasant
For starters, the Tin note is exquisite... The melding of (genuine, not cheap or artificial) vanilla and honey steal the show, and that ever so light walnut character combined with the first 2 ingredients, makes this smell like a candy. A candy that I want to wash my face with, or stuff into my pillow so I can smell it while I am sleeping.

While this is definitely NOT your hard-core piper's blend or a major league gamer, it is more akin to just having its own modest place, in the world of aromatic Cavendish dessert-like blends --which the maker seems to have nailed with so many of its reliable blend varieties.

The Virginia's ribbon cut is classic Peterson. Clean and near perfect quality cut, while the Black Cavendish bits look delicious. Have to hand it to the Scandinavian Tobacco Group for blending this one so nicely. The balance of Black Cavendish to Virginia is spot-on, for this tasty little number.

Moisture upon opening the tin, is right where it should be in my opinion (although some people i know found their tins were a tad dry). once transferred to a hermetically sealed jar, I was good to go.

She packs nicely, but takes a bit of effort to get evenly lit in the bowl. I had to relight a time or two after tamping too. As with many of these Peterson Aromatic blends, she can burn a bit hot, and can bite if you start hauling like a chiminea- so use your piping skills to curtail the aforementioned.

Once I settled down, it mellows out, that lovely honey flavor starts to shine through. The vanilla--ever so faint, and walnut not there as a distinct flavor, but I think its enhancing the honey. I would not recommend taking this one all the way down to the end of the bowl, as it can start to raunch-out around 3/4 the way through. Room note is mellow, and vanilla cuts through. Low nicotine methinks, and it leaves a kind of a nice light vanilla taste on the tongue for a while.

Overall Impression: What a nice, mellow and tasty smoke. Liked it so much, that I bought a second tin... This is an anytime of the day smoker, and a nice change-up tobacco to alternate from, if you're into stronger more straightforward smokes. (I treat it as somewhat of a nice, light palate-cleanser...)

This one will be in my regular rotation for a while.

Pipe Used: Brigham System

Juan Nyte (2)   2014-10-01   
????
Mild   Mild   Mild to Medium   Pleasant
This is my first shot at pipe smoking. I was recommended by my tobacconist to start with aromatics and this was his choice.

Straight up from the tin there is a hint of vanilla and caramelish scent(pardon a novice's nose). I could'nt find the walnut though it was stated on the label.

My first try was horrendous with plenty of tongue bite (my fault naturally). I could not taste anything but during subsequent smokes I managed to enjoy the hint of sweetness from the flavouring (still deciding what is it). The smoke emitted could be rather thick in my opinion.

Room note is pleasant. The sweet scent is not overpowering and enjoyed by non-smoker.

One thing I like about De Luxe Mixture is the caramelish smell that lingers on my moustache once I'm done. I think this is a good start for beginners to learn about aromatics. Waiting for my orders from smokingpipes.com.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Trevi

Purchased From: Habanos

TallPuffO'Burley (358)   2014-02-03   
????
Medium   Medium to Strong   Mild to Medium   Pleasant to Tolerable
I am very picky about aromatic blends and I do like this one a lot. The flavor of the topping remind me much of Captain Black Royal, but the quality of the leaf and absence of excessive humectants elevate this to another level. To me the level is the top of the chart. Not my favorite aromatic, but four aromatic stars for this one.

Purchased From: local B & M

krg1000 (164)   2013-12-13   
????
Mild   Mild to Medium   Medium   Very Pleasant
This was one of my first ventures into the Peterson line. A nice little aromatic that can be enjoyed right out of the tin without waiting for it to dry. Of course YMMV. Leaves a nice room note during and after smoking this nice blend. Recommended.

FunnyPipe727 (20)   2011-07-04   
????
Mild to Medium   Medium to Strong   Mild to Medium   Pleasant to Tolerable
Peterson's got a lot of great tobacco, a few nasty ones, and then there's this. I can't decide if I really like it or not. It's very middle of the road. However, I am optimistic and will recommend this to anyone looking for a spicy, sweet, winter blend. This one is like a spice cake, or gingerbread. Some love it, but for most of us, it's something we like, but don't go crazy for, even if we only get it once a year. For starters, the tin note is very prominently cased smelling. It has a familiar sweet scent belonging to our humble, sweet chum, Black Cavendish, and a very prominent anise like smell. Although I'm not the biggest fan of anise, I'm sure someone out there is. Regardless, the smoking quality could be better. It's rather wet and sticky, so let this one dry as it is heavily cased. That being said, it isn't a casing that's nasty, like Captain Black's Cherry. This one is done right. Cased aromatics, no matter how finely crafted, are going to taste/smell like cased aromatics any way you slice them, but I digress; De Luxe is sweet, full, creamy, and toasty, but you'll soon realize that the amaretto scent/taste is not easily suppressed. When burned, it tastes like anise, and it's very noticeable. No subtlety with that baking spice flavor. Pumpkin spice, Nutmeg, Ginger and Anise are all flavors that can be found in this blend. Despite its claim to feature Vanilla as its main staple, that flavor kind of takes the back seat during this ride. It's there, but its not singing along with the radio up in front. It's back there playing GameBoy, only periodically raising its head to ask, "Are we there yet?" Although this may sound negative, I will say it again, I can really see how someone could love this, it's just not my cup of tea. Word of caution though, it smokes hot, as is characteristic of cased aromatics. However, smoke this stuff slow, and it tastes just like those spicy cookies your grandmother makes every year. You look forward to them, realize after going a year without them, there's always something charmingly off about them. But that's why you like them. They're not your favorite, but you can't imagine Christmas without them. This blend is good when there's snow on the ground, and the smell and delightful flavor will distract you from Jack Frost nipping at your toes. I recommend pairing this with a mulled wine, hot cider or even some egg nog.

UncleDoc (8)   2010-06-12   
????
Mild   Mild to Medium   Medium   Very Pleasant
I`ve tested 7-8 blends from different companies.Honestly this is the best one so far.I really LOVE the essence,aroma and taste of this tobacco.It has a fantastic room note and even my non-smoker neighbor loves it!thanks to Peterson. Very good choice for beginners or veterans.

Gilthoniel (25)   2010-05-17   
????
Mild   Medium to Strong   Mild to Medium   Very Pleasant
This became my favourite baccy as soon as I lit it. It's the only aromatic I've encountered which smells just as nice when smoking as it does in the tin - if not nicer. I was wafting the smoke towards my nose to breath the lovely aroma in the first time I smoked it. Real presence of vanilla, but there's enough tobacco to satisfy a cigar smoker like myself, too.

This tobacco doesn't deserve the rather low rating it has - put it this way: if you don't like aromatics, you won't like it; if you do, then come on in, the water's fine!

ynrozturk (40)   2010-03-18   
????
Very Mild   Mild to Medium   Mild to Medium   Pleasant
I like this blend and I don't understand the amount of negative reviews this has gotten. If you don't like aromatics, then why review one and give it a horrible score? Makes no sense to me.

Letting this blend breathe out for a bit will make it 10 times better, from my experience. The smell and flavor comes out a lot more natural once it is aired out. Packing and lighting is easy. I just light, tamp, relight and forget about it.

Yes it's light, but you can still taste the tobacco in there, and it tastes, in my opinion, really good. The flavoring is also very nice - not too strong, not too light. Just the right amount of balance.

Recommended.

Tom Bombadill (95)   2009-06-27   
????
Mild   Mild   Mild to Medium   Pleasant to Tolerable
NOTE: This type of blend takes time/bowls to appreciate which I think accounts for the disparity of the reviews on this page. I started out wanting to give a rating of 1 because the blend seemed to be so mild it was unsatisfying.

However, good number of bowls in I really started enjoying the subtle flavor of the tobaccos. The first several bowls tasted like I was smoking air. I think this is due to it being a very light aromatic. It's not a "candy vanilla" smoke. Just a hint of vanilla. Eventually I started to really enjoy the taste of the Virginias. Mild tobacco and vanilla flavor. Basically, a mild aromatic and a great blend for the neophyte.

Tantric (284)   2005-02-26   
????
Mild   Medium to Strong   Mild to Medium   Very Pleasant
From a purely aesthetic point of view this is a wonderful tobacco. Jet black Cavendish intermingled with golden strands and reddish leaf, not only elegant, but visually very enticing. There is Peterson quality here alright. Short ribbon cut and tightly pressed, I was surprised to find this is a tobacco with lower moisture content than Irish Oak or Old Dublin.

Tin aroma is very sweet, in a nauseating-borderline-kind of way. It is not Captain Black Royal, but there is no mistaking as to the deep cased nature of this mixture: virtually no real tobacco smell, the basic impression is that of a heavily vanilla cased leaf, with some other sweetening ingredients added (presumably, a very muted honey and walnut essence).

Flavour wise, you really have to be an aromatic lover to enjoy this mixture. It is exceedingly sweet (albeit not in a goopy or steamy form) from the moment you light it up to the last strand in the bowl. Though less aggressively, it does remind me of Captain Black and Middleton's Sweet NuttyVanilla, two mixtures I have smoked in the past due to the scarcity of other blends. However, the added honey/walnut essence tends to temper the excessive sweetness, and somewhere near the mid bowl mark I am able to taste an ever so mild tobacco flavour that almost makes the experience worthwhile. But no sooner do I taste it than the vanilla flavour settles down again, unfortunately ruining the whole thing.

Due to its low moisture content, this tobacco smokes rather dry (not cool), and it should be noted that it does have the virtue of not biting, unless you puff enthusiastically. This is certainly a crowd pleaser, as the room aroma seems to have a hypnotic effect on those around you. The ladies don't seem to mind it, to the point that they may even look your way, with a smile and wink. Other than that, I would not recommend this blend except as a beginners' tobacco or to those who have yet to experience the heavenly simplicity of a pure Virginia flake or the earthly grandeur of Latakia-Oriental mixtures.

Giovanni Palomino (21)   2016-01-25   
????
Medium   Medium   Medium   Pleasant
The Tin aroma is very pleasant feels nutmeg, vanilla and honey, burns pretty well not very hot which helps you to maintain your healthy tongue feel the taste of tobacco and a good load of nicotine makes your extremely pleasurable smoke, personally I like the aromatic feel when smoking tobacco in the taste, and that I do it only in few tobaccos such as Captain Black - Dark and in the VBC of McClelland. the aroma in the room is quite nice and emphasizes more the aroma of walnut. Finally I am very fond to the mark for being the one that introduced me to this noble art.

Nobody has rated this review yet.

sge (2)   2014-09-22   
????
Mild   Mild to Medium   Mild to Medium   Pleasant
A pleasant but subtle aromatic, strong vanilla notes with some nutty after taste. Burns well. Neither unpleasant or particularly memorable. Having said that, I do not usually smoke aromatics, so perhaps I am being unfair. And I have only smoked a couple of bowls so maybe it's a grower.

Room note is wonderful.

Age When Smoked: new

Purchased From: Peterson shop, Dublin

pop pops pipe (28)   2014-07-13   
????
Mild   Mild   Mild   Very Pleasant
Ok, I taste walnut and honey but where's the vanilla ? I don't know what to say about this blend ? Its cool, smokes nice, smells good, but lacks taste ? Old School Captain Black from the late 70s was better than this ! Its not a bad tobacco I just wish it had more flavor? Can't rate it bad though Because a newbie would enjoy it. I gotta try smoking this for my first pipe of the day, maybe I'll appreciate it more. Until then, I probably wouldn't buy it again unless I was stuck. I'd rather smoke Troost than this !

Gave it a try for my first pipe of the day and it was better. My tin seemed dry though, last time I smoked a Peterson blend it was Irish oak and it too was dry. Its a quick tobacco in fact too quick ! Lasts about 30 min. Stanwells melange is a better blend by far ! The aroma was nice with this, my wife calls it cakey! Its okay but I don't think I'd buy it again.

Umlilo (5)   2013-11-28   
????
Extremely Mild   Mild to Medium   Extremely Mild (Flat)   Pleasant
I'm fairly new to pipe smoking and have now tried quite a few blends. I was started on some fairly sickly aromatics that fried my tongue even when smoking lightly. I then tried this and found it just right, the quality of the tobacco seems good and I find I can smoke a bowl on one light or two with some tactful tamping leaving a clean ash in the bottom with no gloop.

The tobacco is very mild and having tried some stronger blends I found I was sucking on this when I came back to it to get some nicotine and the chilled feeling only to heat it up too much. That said it didn't frazzle my tongue like some of the heavily flavoured aromatics I tried before.

The smoke produced seems quite thin if that makes sense - fine for smoking in the car - I can still see out of the windows! The aroma in confined spaces is pleasant. I think I have found stronger blends now which I prefer but would say as a new pipe smoker that this kept me on the road to try more after having some bad experiences. I'd recommend this to a new smoker.

jlmdoval (11)   2013-09-09   
????
Mild   Mild   Mild   Pleasant
Not bad. I was a bit disappointed for the vanilla flavour is unnoticeable. Walnut is much more present there. There was a little tongue bite (which I take the blame for it). Great smoke and even burning from beginning to the end of the bowl.

maigret fan (67)   2013-06-03   
????
Mild to Medium   Mild   Mild   Pleasant
A nice aromatic, suitable for the smoker willing to have a try with aromatics, but not on the level of other aromatics from the brand. The blend of the tobaccos is fine in itself but the aromas are a little weak. The 'nutty mixture' from the brand is more remarquable.

"Viajar es llevar consigo la causa que nos empuja a marcharnos, de manera que irse no es alejarse sino prolongarse." Sócrates.