Autor Tema: Da Vinci y Peterson Aran  (Leído 3509 veces)

Desconectado Pablín

• "Solo se vive una vez"
    • Ver Perfil
Da Vinci y Peterson Aran
« en: Septiembre 17, 2016, 09:33:38 am »
Para esta mañana se han ofrecido un tabaco muy rico como el Da Vinci de Dan Tobacco, en una Peterson Aran, que fuma muy bien.

Aquí, el review para los que deseen:

Brand: Dan Tobacco
Blended By: Dan Tobacco
Blend Type: Aromatic
Contents:   Black Cavendish, Virginia
Flavoring:   Alcohol / Liquor
Cut:   Ribbon
Packaging:   50g Tin
Where to Buy   SmokingPipes.com
Strength
Mild
Flavoring
Medium
Taste
Mild to Medium
Room Note
Very Pleasant
Favorite Of 4 Users

Mild   Medium   Mild to Medium   Pleasant

This is an excellent blend. Nothing to compare with Cellini's stuff which I don't like. The tuscany wine is an invention, however the Da Vinci by Dan is simply a great smoke. If you like aromatics such as Blue Note, Sweet vanilla, Autumn Evening, WO Larsen Vintage etc. (all of them first class aromatics, to me) you simply cannot miss the Da Vinci. After many tins, I always find myself amazed by how good the aroma and smell of this blend is. It is well balanced, and it deserves 5 stars with no reserve. Aromatics are like cakes: there's not a "best" one, however you should know the best of all kind, and refuse second choice blends. This is first quality, and it is a bit expensive unfortunately.

Extremely Mild   Strong   Extremely Mild (Flat)   Unnoticeable

Being a friend of the Aromatics, I had ordered this blend from Dan Pipe together with a few others on the strength of previous reviews. So far, Dan Tobacco had not let me down. Unfortunately, however, they did so this time around.

The tobacco comes in nice, wide ribbons, with VA and Black Cavendish being foremost. I bought a pouch, and the aroma after breaking the seal was absolutely delicious. So I stuffed a pipe and let the adventure begin.

Not much of an adventure there, though. The much-advertised wine is noticeable and gives the smoke a nice, dry note. Right after lighting, it seems overwhelming for a few puffs, then gives way to a winey, dry taste and aroma. The 'baccy burns down gently and nicely as delivered.

The bad news is that I'm not certain that I was smoking tobacco. It could have been flavoured hay or maybe coloured paper. There is almost no taste (except for that nice winey note), and the room aroma vanishes almost before it develops. The entire thing absolutely lacks any punch; at times I felt like I was sucking hot air instead of tobacco smoke.

It's mild. It's mellow. If you crave that in an Aromatic, go for it. Me, I'm decidedly underwhelmed and won't buy this blend again.

Mild   Strong   Mild to Medium   Very Pleasant

One of the few aromatics that you can actually taste. Whether the taste is wine or not is debatable but the pouch smell is superb and the smoke flavor on the tongue pairs nicely. Indeed everyone nearby appreciates the smell, but even so, the one with the pipe gets the true experience. Very unique blend and flavor worth trying at least once to see how you like it.
"Viajar es llevar consigo la causa que nos empuja a marcharnos, de manera que irse no es alejarse sino prolongarse." Sócrates.

Desconectado Alfredo

• "La ignorancia es atrevida"
    • Ver Perfil
Re:Da Vinci y Peterson Aran
« Respuesta #1 en: Septiembre 17, 2016, 09:17:25 pm »
Don Pablin, disculpe, pero uno de los comentarios no le es muy favorable:
"The bad news is that I'm not certain that I was smoking tobacco. It could have been flavoured hay or maybe coloured paper. There is almost no taste (except for that nice winey note), and the room aroma vanishes almost before it develops. The entire thing absolutely lacks any punch; at times I felt like I was sucking hot air instead of tobacco smoke".

:o ::) :-[, jajaja
El que mira la tierra y no sabe mirar, solamente ve la tierra ..

Desconectado Pablín

• "Solo se vive una vez"
    • Ver Perfil
Re:Da Vinci y Peterson Aran
« Respuesta #2 en: Septiembre 18, 2016, 08:54:55 am »
Don Alfredo, gracias por su comentario, mas no se disculpe pues lo puesto está correcto, cada pipafumador tiene su gusto y elije el tabaco que mas sea de su agrado. Personalmente, leída la composición del tabaco en el review, presto atención a detalles de los que lo fumaron, por ejemplo si el tabaco se mantiene a lo largo de la fumada o se va embruteciendo o poniendo amargo o mordedor.
"Viajar es llevar consigo la causa que nos empuja a marcharnos, de manera que irse no es alejarse sino prolongarse." Sócrates.